The Velindre Cancer Centre provides specialist cancer services for the 1.5 million people living in South East Wales.
The Cancer Centre is run by Velindre University NHS Trust. In 2015 the Trust established the Transforming Cancer Services in South East Wales Programme. The programme’s objectives are to:
• Provide patients and carers with quality services that deliver optimal outcomes
• Deliver sustainable cancer services to the population in the most effective way
• Be a leader in education, research, development and innovation
• Comply with relevant standards
To achieve these objectives, we have set up seven projects covering:
1. Enabling works for the new Velindre Cancer Centre
2. New Velindre Cancer Centre
3. Digital and equipment
4. Radiotherapy satellite centre
6. Service delivery and transition
7. Velindre Cancer Centre decommissioning
We’ve produced a short film to explain where patients are likely to get their treatment and care in future.